From The Dickinson College Library Wiki
For additional assistance, Ask a Librarian.
Biography Print Resources
Who's Who: An Annual Biographical Dictionary REF DA28 .W6
Who's Who in the 21st Century REF CT121 .W46 2003
Current Biography REF CT100 .C8
Who Was Who REF DA28 .W65
Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, 1774-present REF JK1010 .A5 2005
Dictionary of American Biography REF E176 .D563
Who's Who Among African Americans REF E185.96 .W52 ED.25
Who's Who Among Asian Americans REF E184 .O6 W47
Who's Who in the East REF E747 .W59
Who Was who in America 1607-1896 REF E663 .W632
The Dictionary of National Biography (Great Britain) REF DA28 .D472
Who's Who in British History: Beginnings to 1901 REF DA28 .W616 1998
Who's Who in the World REF CT120 .W5
Who's Who in the Ancient World DE7 .R33 1971
Who's Who in the Middle Ages REF D115 .F5 1971
Who's Who in Shakespeare's England REF PR2910 .P3 1999
Who's Who in the Arab World REF D198.3 .W5
The International Who's Who REF CT120 .I5
Dictionary of World Biography REF CT104 .D54 1998
Encyclopedia of World Biography REF CT103 .E56 1997
International Who's Who of Authors and Writers REF PN451 .I58 2002
Who's Who in Contemporary Gay and Lesbian History REF HQ75.7 .W486 2002
Biography Electronic Resources
- American National Biography (ANB)
- Nearly 20,000 biographies, revised three times per year.
- Biography Channel
- From the cable channel, Arts & Entertainment Television.
- Biography and Genealogy Master Index
- Biography and Genealogy Master Index is the first place you should look when seeking biographical information on any living or deceased person worldwide. It is an electronic index to over 13 million biographical entries in 3,400+ biographical reference works. This source will not give you the actual biography, but will tell you where you can find it. This source allows only three users at one time.
- Complete Dictionary of Scientific Biography
- Provides information on the history of science through articles on the professional lives of scientists.
- Credo Reference Biographies
- Electronic access to almost fifty biographical resources. Just click Use Credo Reference to Find: Biographies.
- Dictionary of National Biography
- Biographies of people who shaped the British Isles.
- Marquis Biographies Online
- Who’s Who features comprehensive profiles on more than1.4 million of the most accomplished individuals from all fields of endeavor including: government, business, science and technology, the arts, entertainment, and sports. Subjects are identified for potential inclusion in Marquis Who’s Who by their in-house staff, by nomination from prominent people in the relevant field, and from nominations by professional associations & organizations. Unlike vanity look-alikes, Marquis Who’s Who has long been considered a respectable and credible source for basic factual biographical information.