From The Dickinson College Library Wiki
For additional assistance, Ask a Librarian.
A useful resource developed by United States Department of Labor including up to date information such as outlooks and average salaries on a wide range of occupations.
Find up to date information on 43 million companies.
- Latest Company Profiles @Marketline (Choose the tab of Latest Company Profiles in Marketline or use the search box)
Search or browse leading companies in all industries, including detailed information on companies and their history, key personnel, SWOT analysis, and much more.
- Latest Industry Profiles @Marketline(Choose the tab of Latest Industry Profiles or use the search box)
Search or browse all industries, with overview, trends, and key companies.
A comprehensive scholarly business database including case studies, country reports, company profiles, financial data, market research reports, and SWOT analyses in addition to books, journal articles, and trade magazines. Coverage Range: 1886-present. Full-Text.
Covers all aspects of business from both scholarly and non-scholarly sources (news, trade publications).
Search full text articles related to education.
An authoritative web resource for health related information from NIH (National Institutes of Health) and the US National Library of Medicine.
Current and historical literature related to growth and development of children through the age of 21.
Database of full-text articles from journals published by the APA, the Canadian Psychological Association, and Hogrefe Publishing Group. Coverage Range: 1985-Present.
Up to date information on countries , key economic and industrial profiles.
Access to hundreds of newspapers from around the world, plus a wealth of legal, business, medical, and reference information.
Directories for Organizations
- International organizations : a dictionary and directory
- Schiavone, Giuseppe. 7th Edition. Basingstoke [England] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
- Library Call Number: REF JZ4838 .S344 2008
- Alternatives to the Peace Corps : a guide to global volunteer opportunities
- Edited by Paul Backhurst. 11th Ed. Oakland, Calif. : Food First Books, 2005.
- Library Call Number: HN49 .V64 A47 2005
- Conservation directory 2005-2006 : the guide to worldwide environmental organizations
- National Wildlife Federation. 50th Ed. Washington, D.C. : Island Press, 2005.
- Library Call Number: S930 .N38 2005
Careers and Job Hunting
- Understanding the classical music profession : the past, the present and strategies for the future
- Bennett, Dawn Elizabeth. Aldershot, Hants, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2008.
- Library Call Number: ML3795 .B45 2008.
- Nontraditional careers for chemists : new formulas in chemistry
- Balbes, Lisa M. Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Library Call Number: QD39.5 .B25 2007.
- Speaking about science : a manual for creating clear presentations
- Morgan, Scott. Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Library Call Number: Q223 .M67 2006.
- The fashion handbook
- Jackson, Tim. London ; New York : Routledge, 2006.
- Library Call Number: TT509 .J33 2006.
- The successful academic librarian : winning strategies from library leaders
- Gregory, Gwen Meyer. Medford, N.J. : Information Today, Inc., c2005.
- Library Call Number: Z682.4 .C63 S84 2005.
- Beyond talent : creating a successful career in music
- Beeching, Angela Myles. Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Library Call Number: ML3795 .B42 2005.
- The ECO guide to careers that make a difference
- Environmental Careers Organization. Washington : Island Press, 2004.
- Library Call Number: GE60 .E34 2004.
- Heard on the street : quantitative questions from Wall Street job interviews
- Crack, Timothy Falcon. [Dunedin, N.Z.? : T. Crack], 2004.
- Library Call Number: HF5549.5 .I6 C73 2004
- Actuaries' survival guide : how to succeed in one of the most desirable professions
- Szabo, Fred. msterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, Academic Press, c2004.
- Library Call Number: HG8781 .S93 2004.
- Unlocking the clubhouse : women in computing
- Margolis, Jane. Cambridge, Mass. : London : MIT, 2003.
- Tome Science Library, Library Call Number: QA76.25 .M35 2003.
- The complete academic : a career guide
- Darley, John M. Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2004.
- Library Call Number: H62 .C584824 2003.
- The business of theatrical design
- Moody, James L. New York : Allworth Press, c2002.
- Library Call Number: PN2086 .M66 2002
- Landing your first job : a guide for physics students
- Rigden, John S. College Park, Md. : American Institute of Physics, Career Services Division, 2002.
- Tome Science Library, Library Call Number: QC29 .R45 2002
- Put your science to work : the take-charge career guide for scientists
- Fiske, Peter S., 1966-. Washington, DC : American Geophysical Union, 2001.
- Library Call Number: Q147 .F58 2000.
- Insider's guide to finding a job in Washington : contacts and strategies to build your career in public policy
- Maxwell, Bruce. Washington, D.C. : CQ Press, c2000.
- Library Call Number: REF HF5382.75 .U62 W356 2000
- The professional vocalist : a handbook for commercial singers and teachers
- Lebon, Rachel L., 1951-. Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 1999.
- Library Call Number: MT855 .L43 1999.
- Architect? : a candid guide to the profession
- Lewis, Roger K. Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c1998.
- Library Call Number: NA1995 .L45 1985
- Don't wait until you graduate! : how to "jump-start" your career while still in school
- Luscher, Keith F. Far Hills, NJ : New Horizon Press, c1998.
- Library Call Number: HF5382.5 .U5 L75 1998.
- The employment of English : theory, jobs, and the future of literary studies
- Bérubé, Michael, 1961-. New York : New York University Press, c1998.
- Library Call Number: PE68 .U5 B48 1998.
- Women and men of the engineering path : a model for analyses of undergraduate careers
- Adelman, Clifford. Washington, DC : U.S. Dept. of Education : National Institute for Science Education, 
- Library Call Number: Gov Docs ED 1.032:EN 3
- Stage writers handbook : a complete business guide for playwrights, composers, lyricists, and librettists
- Singer, Dana. New York : Theatre Communications Group, c1997.
- Library Call Number: PN2074 .S56 1997
- Taking Flight: education and training for aviation careers (electronic resource)
- Hansen, Janet S. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press, 1997.
- Available Online.
- How to give a damn good speech
- Theibert, Philip R. Franklin Lakes, NJ : Career Press, c1997.
- Library Call Number: REF PN4121 .T46 1997